Cell Site Analysis Expert Required
Working within the UK Criminal Justice system our Cell Site Analysis Engineers produce expert reports for use at court. They author reports for law enforcement agencies and criminal defence lawyers and give evidence in court when necessary.
Full training will be given in relation to report writing and giving evidence in court.
This position would suit an engineer who has worked in planning and/or optimisation with one of the network providers.
Using Cell Site Analysis to assess possible locations of mobile telephones at specified times by:
- Analysis of Call Data Records and production of technical reports
- Obtaining and analysing radio frequency network measurements on GSM, 3G and LTE networks using industry standard tools such as TEMS, or NEMO
Presentation of findings within the UK Criminal Justice System
- Producing concise and accurate reports to evidential standards along with associated exhibits
- Presentation of evidence including at briefings and oral testimony at court
- Examining prosecution and defence reports and commenting on their accuracy, relevance, meaning and evidential value
- Providing an impartial and independent expert consultation service on the use of telecommunication data in evidence
- Demonstrable expertise in mobile phone network operation preferably gained in a network planning /optimisation environment
- Knowledge of radio propagation and cell planning methodologies
- Knowledge of GSM, UMTS and LTE technologies
- Experience in data analysis and ability to present findings in a clear manner both in writing and orally
- Knowledge of various mapping tools including Microsoft Autoroute and Mapinfo
- Able to work under pressure to very demanding deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other office based applications
- Full driving licence
- Applicants must have been resident in the UK for a minimum of 5 years
- A degree or equivalent level education in a relevant technical subject
- Experience of surveying and analysing radio frequency data from radio networks
- Knowledge of the different call data records provided by the Mobile Telecommunications providers
- Articulate and able to discuss and debate complex issues in a clear, unbiased, manner
- Some knowledge of investigative techniques associated with digital forensic evidence
- Competitive salary commensurate with ability and experience
- Flexible Working Hours
- This role is available immediately and is based in Redditch, Worcestershire
- To apply please send a CV along with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application will be treated with the strictest confidence.